This assignment will give you practice in critical reading, summary writing in its objective and critical forms, and evaluation of an article focusing on Canadian literature and culture.
The following is a list of articles published in Canadian Literature related to Ana Historic. Select one journal article from the list and write a critical summary. See
Writing a Critical Summary for help.
Keys to Remember
- Summarize the thesis of the article.
- Evaluate the article’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Take a position for or against the argument presented in the article.
- Keep your summary concise without distorting the meaning of the original paper.
- Curran, Beverly.
Swimming with the Words: Narrative Drift in Daphne Marlatt’s Taken.Canadian Literature 159 (1998): 5–71. Print. (PDF)
- Kossew, Sue.
History and Place: An Interview with Daphne Marlatt.Canadian Literature 178 (2003): 49–56. Print. (PDF)
- Marlatt, Daphne. Ana Historic. Toronto: Coach House, 1988. Print.